We taped our appearance last night, and had such a blast doing it. The crew and audience were such a great group to be around.
You can watch our segment during the show that will air on Saturday, March 16th at 8pm.
According to DATV’s website, “DATV can be seen exclusively on Spectrum channel 5 in the City of Dayton, Riverside and Butler Twp. and channels 5, 6, or 23 in Dayton’s northern suburbs.” In addition, you can live-stream, and watch on YouTube.
On the opening night of February 14th, 1939, the lights went out, which required the crowd to tour their new library by candlelight. To celebrate 80 years of service to the community and commemorate the opening night, Wright Library held a candlelight celebration with historical items on display and a telling of the story of opening night.
- Don Smith from Wiley’s Comedy Club
- Sara Stathes from The Barrel House
- Musical guest Velvet Crush Unplugged with Dana and David Garwood.
Dayton Unknown was lucky enough to meet with Andrew and talk with him about his show and learn more about him. Andrew was born and raised in the Dayton area, and spent ten years outside of Dayton working in voice acting, Shakespearean theater, musicals, comedies, and as a Golf Pro. He returned to Dayton at the end of 2015, with his wife Alexis. Currently, Andrew is a firefighter, Suicide Awareness Activist, Voice-Over Actor, Emcee, Ghostbuster, and now we can add Late Night Talk Show Host!
Source: JGR Photography & Videography
750 Followers on WordPress
387 Posts on Instagram
2,414 Followers on Instagram
288 Likes on Facebook
So many wonderful people met.
And an unquantifiable amount of facts learned about Dayton.
Here are a few highlights of the past five years:
- Most Popular Story: Hills and Dales Lookout Tower: The REAL Story
- Sara’s Favorite Story: The Sad Tale of James Murphy
- Bethany’s Favorite Story : Going Out with a Bang: My God, I’ve Shot Myself
- Two stories in the Dayton Daily News:
- Four Events Planned and Hosted:
- Dayton Unknown Riverwalk
- Dayton Unknown Summer Scavenger Hunt
- Dayton Unknown Fall Scavenger Hunt 2014
- Dayton Unknown Fall Scavenger Hunt 2016
We are so excited to see what the future holds for us!
As always, if you have any story ideas or questions you’d like us to look into, please let us know! There are so many ways to contact us – leave a comment down below, via the Contact Us page, send an email (email@example.com), send a message on Facebook or Instagram (@daytonunknown), etc..
Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere…