Curious about the early roads of Dayton, and their namesakes?
- The following streets were named after the towns they went to: Troy, Bellefontaine, Wilmington, Belpre, Germantown, Xenia, and Salem (later changed to Clayton).
- King – William King, an early settler of Dayton.
- Macready – Nabbed for a man who flew at McCook Field
- Delphos – Ran alongside the Toledo DELPHOS & Burlington railroad.
- Harrison, Taylor, Lincoln – all named for the US presidents.
- Meigs – In honor of Return Jonathan Meigs, Jr., who was the 4th Governor of Ohio.
- Antietam Avenue – Named for the Civil War Battle of Antietam
- Cooper Street – Daniel Cooper, First surveyor of the Dayton land, amongst other things.
- McCall – Named for the McCall Company
- Aerial, Aero, Air, Air City, Airway – all named for the aviation theme of the region.