Curious about the names of streets around Dayton? Here’s a few namesakes:
- Eaker Street: Mary Belle Eaker, a local philanthropist who gave her home to the YMCA.
- Gummer Avenue: named for Henry R. Gummer, a co-founder of the Gem City Stove Company.
- Gunckel: named after Lewis B. Gunckel, a politician, congressman, and attorney.
- Harries Street: J. W. Harries, a local brewer.
- Hanna Street – Xenophon Hanna, who owned a cigar factory, and held the patent for the Vapor Stove and Heating Apparatus.
- Klee Avenue: named for John Klee, who founded the Klee Bottling Company, which manufactured mineral water and soft drinks.
- Lowes Street: Dr J. E. Lowes, physician
- McCall – McCall Publishing
- Odlin – Peter Odlin, part of one of his farms
- Pruden & Sachs Streets – Named after David Pruden and Edward Sachs, of Sachs-Pruden Brewing Co.
- Hodapp – Judge Null Hodapp