- Ashley Street: Ashley Brown, son-in-law of Colonel Robert Patterson.
- Schantz Road: Named for Adam Schantz, local brewer.
- Spinning Road: Isaac Spinning, a Colonel in the Revolutionary War, and a judge in Dayton.
Seen in Old North Dayton
- Cash Register – James and John Ritty, 1870.
- First Practical Airplane – Wright Brothers, 1903.
- Automobile Self-starter: Charles F. Kettering, 1911.
- Leaded Gasoline – Thomas Midgley Jr., 1921.
- Mae West Life Preserver – Frank G. Manson, 1938.
No greater person could be featured for July 4th.
Corporal Tony Stein
The only Daytonian to receive a Congressional Medal of Honor for WWII and the first recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor for Iwo Jima, Tony Stein still does not get enough credit.